Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Official MTB race schedule kick off this weekend!

Bonelli Park XC kicks off the Cal state series this Sunday. Unfortunately it occurs the same day as the Redlands Classic Criterium, which I will have to skip this year. Speaking of skipping out on road races, I decided last week not to race the San Dimas Stage Race. It was a tough decision, plus I lost the $85 I paid to enter last month. I really enjoyed racing it last year and it was excellent multi-day race training. Not racing was the right decision though, I was still not 100% recovered from being sick and it would have only made me worse.

Instead of racing, I did normal training including 3 loops of the Bonelli XC course on Sat. I ran into Bob, Teri, Jay, Dawn, Vanessa, Roger, etc at the Park-n-Ride which was very cool! they were all finishing up a couple loops of the course. I was meeting Mandy to ride, and Bob joined us for another lap. It was a nice warm Bonelli day with excellent course conditions (very little water). I got a nice sunburn on my shoulders since I was wearing a sleeveless jersey for the first time all year.

Mandy and I got to watch my friend Jonathan race the men's IIIs during our loops on the trails. Periodically we would see the field racing by on the road and could pop out to cheer them on.

1 comment:

veezeman said...

Cya Sunday.I'll be out pre-riding on Saturday.