Friday, March 23, 2007

My New "Rig"

I just picked up my new Gary Fisher Rig 29'er! My first real singlespeed (apart from the modified Raieigh hardtail I turned into one with a Surly Singleator and old components).

This bike will be a great compliment to the Paragon 29'er when it arrives. I am so excited about this bike, I thought about racing it at Bonelli this weekend, but then realized that I might do a bit better in the geared class on a geared bike ;o) Plus the Rig weighs a tad more than my old Paragon and definately more than the new Paragon.

The decision I have to make is whether to keep the 18T cog on the back or switch it out to 20T for learning purposes. I guess I will find out pretty quick what suits me. Trevor recommended switching the cog out based on the type of trails/course you are riding.


Happy Trails!

3 comments:

Matt D said...

Hi Christie, this bike rocks! Thanks for letting me try it, it was so much fun to ride and handled the curbs and hills with no problem. Good luck at Bonelli!

veezeman said...

You've turned to the darkside!
Next you'll be asking for a beer on lap three instead of water.

Christie said...

ya veeze! maybe i will do SS at Rim Nordic this year and enjoy the Beer FeedZone ;)