Thursday, January 05, 2006

My favorite So Cal Season!

Ahhhhhhh... today's weather was perfect! So perfect that I decided to head out to do my road ride during the day (rather than early AM or on the trainer at night) and take an extra long lunch. I could have stayed out there all day! I think I actually got some color on my face. I am looking forward to riding in the sun this weekend and building up my 2006 tan lines. I love the perfect temps and clean air that come along with Southern California winters! The rainy days are ok too, especially on rest days. The skate ramp is taking a beating with all the rain though. (even with a tarp covering the base).. Greg is not pleased!

We had a nice holiday, but of course both Greg and I ended up sick from all the travelling! I am feeling alot better now and that is good!I will post some pix from our holiday trip, including me on some antique bicycles at a Norman Rockwell exhibit back in Indianapolis.

Did you hear that the So Cal NORBA race is now slated for FONTUCKY? EEEK! I am not sure which is worse, Smelly Bonelli or Southridge!!!!!!!! At least Southridge has actual downhill trails for the DH racers and a challenging XC course. However, the venue location leaves much to be desired for spectators. Lots of dust and trash flying through the air on windy days. Ahhh, how lovely.

Walking through the frozen food section at Albertson's last night, I spotted some Jose Ole products. It make me smile/chuckle and think of the product/team shots Joy had to take last year for her team.

BTW, the Tartan has now been upgraded to an A.

2 comments:

Fuzzy said...

Guess who's back ? Back Again.
Christie's back , back again.
Guess who's back ...guess who's back ...guess who's back ... Slim Christie !!!

Joy Joy said...

I never ate Jose Ole products. COuld you imagine if they were our NUTRITION sponsor? What an oxy-moron!