Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Top 5 moments at Phoenix and Sea Otter!

Ok I am way behind on blogging! I decided to get caught up quickly I would do a top 5 moments (not in any particular order) for Phoenix Nationals and Sea Otter. Then I will start fresh with a FULL blog on this past weekend's Firestone Nationals.

Top 5 Moments at Phoenix Nationals:
1. Greg getting pulled over by the Fountain Hills Police, but not receiving a ticket because the cop said "I could never ticket a fellow mountain biker!"

2. Not falling on a cactus and finishing 43/60 finishers in a very hot and sometimes sketchy XC race.

3. Finishing 33/48 in Short track without even realizing it! It was too dark and dusty to even know! Plus my arm was pulsating from my time trial crash.

4. Faux Crocs (pink) for Mandy purchased at CVS.

5. Packing Joy, myself, Matt, Trevor, Mandy and 5 bikes in and on Matt's Mazda.

Top 5 Moments at Sea Otter
1. Mary-Ellen taking 3rd in the Pro Super D!!!!!!! On the podium with Marla and Kelli!)

2. Reciting lines in my head from The Big Lebowski during the muddy short track race (where I proceeded to lock up my drivetrain).

3. COLD COLD COLD ice baths (but they really work!)

4. Mandy living on sweet potatoes and avocados (again!)

5. Snapping a pic of Teri and Kabush (who had JUST won the pro men's XC)
In summary: Thanks to everyone for helping me out at those events (Joy, James, Greg, Roger, Teri, Matt etc etc!)

A few (tiny) pix:


Warming up in the RAIN for short track! Was it even worth it? Probably not!


The grueling 5 minute time trial the day before! Was it worth it? Probably NOT!

No comments: