Friday, February 10, 2006

Work, Train, Race, Work, Train (but don't get sick!)

OK, I saw that Matt updated his blog, so I no longer have an excuse to procrastinate!!! I really need to get some pix on here too. It's not the same w/out pix.

Since I last posted , it has been a VERY busy few weeks. Here are some highlights:

1. Traveled back to my cold, snowy motherland (upstate NY) for work and family. I worked it out so that I wouldn't miss ANY weekend rides. That was key! Mananged to find a decent gym where I could but daily passes. Came in handy! It's not often I have a client to visit who is only 2 hour drive from my family. Got to celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday and also be with my family as my step-grandmother passed away my final day on site with clients. I was sad not to get to say goodbye (missed her by only hours), but I got to pay respects in my own way.

2. Had a bunch of great training rides with RWBTC and my local girls Joy, Jill and Bev. Have also been doing better with my weekday training and surprisingly NOT GETTING SICK. With work, husband, dog, upcoming house remodel, and daily life, it's hard to fit it all in! I am on about a million herbs (no, not THAT herb!) right now to boost my immunity. Seems to be working pretty well. We will see if I can make it through this weekend without coming down with something. I am definatley not feeling 100% great today. Maybe partially because my body is in dire need of a massage or a chiropractor!

3. Did my first road race! Joy, Teri and I (and several other MTB pro/expert racer chix) did Boulevard RR. I was pretty pleased with my results for the first race (need to write up a real race report. Will do that after this post! No crashes, no drama, just an early day.

4. Palm Springs Century tomorrow. We have a crew of ESRI folk headindg out, plus I am meeting up with the likes of Mandy, Carolyn, James, Bev among others. Should be a fun weekend. The best part is the Martha Green's chocolate cake we have for tomorrow night. Matt Down (down from Ontario, eh) is cooking up some ribs on the grill. Should be a fun weekend to catch up with friends. Murphy will be chillaxing (Shane's token phrase) at Chris & Steve's down the street from our rental with his cousin pups.

No comments: