Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Matt and Joy Show Goes Global

Ok the real news is that Wendy Simms has read Joy's blog and has since posted the most fantastic comments and answers on her own blog. You must read it! Since Joy, Matt and I all work within 1/4 mile of eachother there has been alot of buzz in the vicinity.

In other news, Idyllwild Spring Challenge was this past weekend. I was very excited to ride the course again after the pre-ride (loved the real technical riding!) I learned alot about race tactics to say the least and had to get creative at times. In the end, after somewhat of a slow start, I found my legs, and took 2nd place, which provided a nice cash purse I must say. Unfortunately Joy double flatted while she was holding a steady 3rd place (I was in 4th at that time). But after getting the flats sorted out (including some running and stop and go which never helps the legs), she hammered and held a solid 5th and some cash-money. Carolyn "Cpop/Undercover Carolyn" Popovic took the W and blew all of us out of the water! :)
It was nice to race on a Saturday and just do a recovery ride on Sunday! I also proceeded to do some clothes shopping at Victoria Gardens.

Was really great to see everyone as always! Next stop: Firestone Nationals (5/17-18). We will all be staying at the new usual spot: Days Inn Windmill -Buellton!

Also tomorrow is Bike to Work day at ESRI. I better represent! And next week I will be helping Team CICLE out for Pasadena Bike to Work Week.

Some pix from Idyllwild:

ummmmm how can my legs still be so pale?
the socal ladies with their marble slabs (as joy likes to call them) and loot

1 comment:

Bev said...

Christie, Congratulations! Wonderful job. All the work pays off. Good luck next race. Can you get some of Joy's new gu for me?