Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pass/Fail Racing

This article says it all: http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/04/sitting-in-and-bowing-out-art-of.html

my new MO for racing I think... Pass or Fail, I think I can handle that.

I won't go into much detail about Sea Otter Classic (i am so over it!), but I basically Failed both XC and STXC if you go by what the article linked above says. Ya I got dropped! BUT I didn't quit. SO maybe I did Pass? Oh and did I mention I literally crashed and burned 20 min into the 40 mile XC? (the kind of road rash that really burns! could fry an egg on it perhaps?) BUT in order to earn my post-race In-N-Out Burger, I HAD to finish the race. Lap 1 even after I crashsed, I figured I would power through. By lap 2, i was in "no man's land" and basically was out on a "bike ride". Oh well it's "1 weekend closer to fitness" as Joy calls it!


Next stop Idyllwild Spring Challenge. 30 miles of some good ole technical MTB'ing! Hopefully I will Pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.