Saturday, September 22, 2007

MTB Season wrap up!

My 2007 MTB season has essentially wrapped up at this point. I am transitioning into a full cross season and will be riding for Team CICLE-Redline, formerly known as Team Redline-Figueroa Farms. Some of us on the elite team are heading to Interbike next week to attend a bit of the show and participate in Cross Vegas, which will be televised and is also a UCI level race.

My final three races of the season went well! It was nice to end the season on a high note. This included my first Cal State pro win which took place at the Big Bear Shoot out #2 (Also Cal State finals). I missed one of the series races and DNF'd at Castaic Lake (bee sting on the neck during the race) thus costing me a few spots in the overall series. So I ended up 4th overall. However, finishing out the series with a win really felt great!

I also did the Rim Nordic Stage Race (Rim #3) and the series finals in August. Both races resulted in a 2nd place finish in the XC which I was pleased with. Felt good and my bike was operating perfectly (except for at the finals where my seat post kept falling down thus causing me to ride BMX style on the first lap)! I wrapped up the Rim Nordic series 2nd overall behind Carolyn. It was also fun to hang out with the usual suspects/friends before and after the race! Carolyn and I decided to do a trail run right after we finished our XC race at the finals. I think everyone thought we were pretty crazy, but we had a good time!


I want to thank everyone for a really fun and quite successful 2007 MTB season. We had so many great trips to the Nationals and great times at the local races. It's really a great community to be a part of. I have made many new friends this year and had a great time as usual with the old ones! Also thanks to everyone who helped out with feeding or other support this season! It's nice to see everyone working together regardless of the team they are riding for. 2008 is going to bring great things as well. Some excellent talent has popped up through this season and the pro ranks are going to have some new faces to mix things up (especially Joy & Maureen). If I could award a most improved award, it would definately go to Joy. She has emerged as a power house climber and has also made great strides with her descending! She has a long career in front of her, and hopefully she will remember all of us when she is famous! :) Props also need to go out to Vegas Bob and James, both of who had greatly improved seasons as well! James might want to think about moving up to expert!!

3 comments:

Meggan said...

Way to close out the season! You are amazing and an inspiration.

mattfreemanrace@yahoo.com said...

And Vegas Bob (bless his heart) might want to think about shaving his legs.

JIMBO said...

Nice finish to a strong season Cocoa... I guess I just missed you guys at Snowmass.. It looks like all is well.. Tell Greg I said Hello...